Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WHICH GRAPHICS CARD TO GET??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ROZCKA

ROZCKA

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

:huh: Hi guys i'm hopin someone can help me. I'm after a graphics card for my pc as the inbuilt graphics are useless for me to play any games. Here is my pc info:
Motherboard ..... Foxconn CN15235 ( 6627MA-RS2H)
Ram....1GB
DUAL CORE PROCESSORS.......1.60 GHz x 2
Windows vista 32 bit operating system

If you need any more information please leave a request and i'll do my best. thanks in advance :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

While a new graphics card may help some, there is that issue of only having a gig of ram to handle all of the other processing, I have a system at work that I use, and if I try to run more than an IDE, a browser, and Windows Media player, it really bogs down. I would consider some extra ram for starters.

According to the specs I found on Google, you have a single 1.0 PCI Express x 16 slot, so that is what you need to look for.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....%20Express%20x1

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

I agree with groovicus, your RAM will be a major limiting factor. Your processor, though it is a dual core, is also a little slow depending on what you do with it. As for a new graphics card, you have plenty to choose from. What is the wattage of the power supply in your PC? What games do you play on that PC? What is your budget for new components? Do you want to get more RAM? These questions will determine which card is best for you?

3939.png

#4 ROZCKA

ROZCKA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

i'll be gettin another gig of ram as for the wattage of the PCU , not sure will have to look. can you tell me what choices i have with 2 gb ram and the processors i have on here??? i don't want anything outrageous jus enough to play some games like juiced 2 or the like........thanks

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:21 PM

The GPU you should get depends on the power supply, some cards require loads of electrical power and not all computers can generate it. Juiced 2 is not a very demanding game, but I assume you don't want to upgrade your GPU again after a year. Since you're in the U.K., I'm not sure which retailers you should use, but I would suggest the Radeon HD 4850 or the GeForce GTS 250. I do suggest a 550W or higher power supply. Also, these cards are large so make sure you can fit them. There are lower-end cards available if these are too expensive.

3939.png

#6 ROZCKA

ROZCKA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:06 AM

:thumbsup: Thanks very much for gettin back to me i shall take your advice and get more ram and put in a higher power supply before installing one of the graphics cards ...Roz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users