Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Setup is being restarted" Message Loop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kungfud2

kungfud2

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:18 AM

I just performed a repair install on my XP Home Edition and while rebooting I get the following message:

Setup is being restarted............
Please wait while windows prepares to start.......................

I let the computer do its thing, then it reboots and I get the same message over and over again. I have a torrent copy of XP Home but it did te install perfectly fine up to that point. here's a little background info that might be helpful to know:

My memory was low at the time of installation at around 250 MB. After the first few times of getting this message loop I logged into my XP Pro dual boot and saw the C Drive down to 50 MB, so I cleared 2 GB of space which should now be more than enough. Is it possible that all of the installation files may not have been copied over due to lack of disk space?

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kungfud2

kungfud2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:57 AM

It actually just hit me... wouldn't I be able to just "install in place" Windows Vista instead of wracking my brain over XP Home?

#3 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:26 AM

:thumbsup:

Why would you have XP Home and XP Pro in a Dual Boot, then add Vista into the Mix?

This does not Compute?

:flowers: :trumpet:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,270 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:06 AM

A torrent copy is an illegal copy.

Microsoft does not dispense legal copies of XP (or any other O/S) via torrents.

Louis

#5 kungfud2

kungfud2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:17 AM

:thumbsup:

Why would you have XP Home and XP Pro in a Dual Boot, then add Vista into the Mix?

This does not Compute?

:flowers: :trumpet:

XP Home crashed, so I borrowed a copy of XP Pro from a friend in order to have a semi-functional computer. Pro installed on a separate partition thereby creating the dual boot. Pro works fine, but is limited in its capabilities even though there's a COA. I'm trying to get the XP Home partition back up and running with a different official copy of XP Home but am wondering should I just be done with XP altogether and go Vista?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users