Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will power on, but not boot up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 swalker25

swalker25

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:45 AM

The problem I'm having is my computer will power on, but not boot up. I get no picture on my monitor whatsoever.

I've checked the monitor and it works fine. I've also tried a different monitor and that didn't work either. For the last couple of months, my boot screen hasn't been coming up at all. The computer would still turn on, but the monitor wouldn't receive a signal until Windows was done booting up.

I have tried to boot up with only 1 videocard, thinking maybe 1 of them was dead, but that didn't work.

What steps should I take to isolate the problem?

My hardware:

Windows x64
AMD Athlon 64 FX-60
Asus A8N-SLI SE Motherboard
EVGA GeForce 7950 GT x2 running in SLi
WD Raptor 74 gb
Hiper Type 880w power supply

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rpmorrow

rpmorrow

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:50 AM

If u are certain it's not the graphics card, it could be your power supply. Try powering it from a different PSU.

#3 swalker25

swalker25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

Yup, it was the power supply, thanks for the advice. Power supply was only 5 months old too. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users