Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG Interface (Problem?)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:33 AM

I'm using AVG Free Edition 8.5. just recently, I've noticed something on it's main interface. I'm not sure if it's been there ever since or if it just appeared lately.

Here's a screen shot:

Posted Image

As you can see, the status says that I'm protected. If you would look below, you would notice that one feature, ID Protection, is not activated.

As far as I know, whenever one of the features is not activated, the status will show some warning but why is it not doing so this time?
Let's have a mental fusion!
Let us do our part to make this world a truly symbiotic place.

For other computer problems, this blog might be helpful:
http://cosmicsniper.blogspot.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:51 AM

interesting, it seems you have the free edtion of AVG, for the ID protection you have to pay to activate it. As you probably didnt pay for it, it can not be activated. Therefore its not likely you would get the warning, as you cannot activate it unless you buy it.

To make it clear: if you payed for it, and then disabled it you would get the warning, as you can activate it, but you choose to disable it.

If you dont get it, please let me know and ill try to explain it again :thumbsup:.

Every one goes fun fun fun

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#3 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:08 AM

Oh Stofzuiger,

thanks for that info. Nothing too serious about that actually. I'm just kinda curious why it goes that way. Thanks for your help. At least I understand it now. :thumbsup:

It seems that you've been answering questions that I've posted this day. What a co-incidence! :flowers:

Can I ask something that is a bit out of topic?

I've also applied for HJT training program and continuously checking if there's a slot. Unfortunately, there's none but I notice the number of HJT Sophomores to grow. Did I just missed anything, messages hidden through BB Codes?

#4 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:55 AM

Did I just missed anything, messages hidden through BB Codes?

:thumbsup: no, just keep on looking there, (i made the admissions page my homepage) i signed in after about 2 weeks of looking there, just look there a couple of times a day, and you will be able to sign in after some time.

there's none but I notice the number of HJT Sophomores to grow

that is probably because the form people filled (when u sign up for the training) in has to be reviewed, and that might take a while. So it is possible that people signed in before you started looking there, and those people are placed in the "sophomore" group now.

Hope you get it, if not please say so :flowers:

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#5 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:40 AM

Oh, I see!

:flowers:

I though there are some sort of
Spoiler
. :thumbsup:

thanks for the info. :trumpet:

#6 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:58 PM

hehe xD

#7 bloomcounty

bloomcounty

• Members
  • 672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:13 AM

interesting, it seems you have the free edtion of AVG, for the ID protection you have to pay to activate it. As you probably didnt pay for it, it can not be activated. Therefore its not likely you would get the warning, as you cannot activate it unless you buy it.

To make it clear: if you payed for it, and then disabled it you would get the warning, as you can activate it, but you choose to disable it.

If you dont get it, please let me know and ill try to explain it again :thumbsup:.

I have AVG Free 8.5 and it shows the same thing for me. I did not pay for it, but I get that "warning". I've never tried to click the "ID Protection" button but I assume it will just tell you you need to buy the paid version. Since I'm not really that curious what would happen, and would rather avoid any weird issues happening (which seems to be common with AVG according to the boards), I don't plan to click it just to see what happens. :flowers:

cosmic_sniper05 -- Have you done this program update yet?

Update component (version: 338)
E-mail client plugins (version: 336)
Kernel components (version: 336)
Setup component (version: 338)
Core component (version: 339)
Resident Shield drivers (version: 336)

Total size: 2.5 MB

I'm still at Program Version 8.5.329 and am hesitant to do the update as I see many issues with it on the AVG Free boards... Thoughts?
My stats: Windows XP Home SP2; Firefox 3.0.14 w/ Ad-Block Plus; IE 6.0 (used only for monthly Windows Critical Updates); ZoneAlarm 6.1.744.001 Free; AVG 8.5 A/V Free; SuperAntispyware Free 4.28.1010

#8 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:48 AM

bloomcounty,

I don't know if I've done that update. 'coz I just installed it and then, leave everything to auto update. :thumbsup:

Anyway the version of my AVG is 8.5.339. Everything seems fine :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users