Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Threat

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 britt

britt

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:28 AM

AVG tells me that I have a Trojan Horse Agent2.GUF. In normal use the AVG says file not found. If I click the power user button it moves the 1st listing to the vault and the rest cant be found. Ive tried to do a system restore and it wont run. The same with spybot S&D. Every time it reboots I get a new attack. What Ive notices that on some sites it starts bombimg me with popups. or causes that site to reload itself until I kill power. The system is also unstable at times.
I have a Gateway/Emachines AMD AThelon 64 2.4 gig and one gig ram
Vista home premium.
From what Ive read this is a nasty bugger to get rid of. How dangerous is it
Any help would be much appreciated.
britt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britt

britt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

I wish someone had some feed back on this bug. Every bit of advice Ive been given has failed. It wont allow spybot or malware to run even in safe mode. Same with doing a system restore.
Now its getting worse. It tries to load multiple pages. I can see them scroling on the bottom address bar. That causes system instabilty and requires a cold shut down! When iy reboots the trojan replicates itself twice. I dont have the skills to muck about in reistery for vista.
Even Hihjack this is compromised! It tells me that host files are unavailable and close and run as admin. I do that and its says already running.
I also tried combofix. After downloading and starting it it asks if I want to allow it. I say yest and it comes back file cant be renamed try again. When it d/l it wasnt allowed to place an icon on desk top and I cant find it under C:\program files either. Its nowhere on my programs or on the add/remove software.
One thing that also happens. The system just gets unstable and balky. Its like windows was updating or AVG was running. With only 1 gih of ram Vista runs like a snail when its doing these things. Im afraid when this happens the trojan is uploading things from my system. I wish I could fix this short of a reformat.
Help please.

#3 britt

britt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:59 AM

RESOLVED. I got some help on another site and Combofix cured my woes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users