Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Run an application as an Administrator?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gusgus910

gusgus910

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

How do I perform what this message is asking me to do in Spybot- Search & Destroy?:
"You are missing Administrator rights to perform this action. If you need to do this, please run this application elevated as an Administrator."

Thank You
gusgus910

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:59 PM

Ok, I see you're new to Vista.
Right click and hit "Run as Administrator"
To not have to do this each and every time:
Right Click
Properties
Compatability
Run this Program as an Administrator
Apply

#3 gusgus910

gusgus910
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

Thanks for replying so quickly maki2012. Forgive me for being such a dunce, but where do I right click and hit "Run as Administrator" and where do I Right click Properties, Compatability, Run this Program as an Administrator, Apply? I received the above message in Spybot-Search & Destroy in an error message when I tryed to Immunize. There is nothing there for me to do what you are asking me to do. Please give me a step by step proceedure. Sorry for being such a goof!!

gusgus910

#4 gusgus910

gusgus910
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

Thanks again, maki2012
I figured it out. I right clicked the Spybot Icon on the Desktop and did all that you told me to do! I just learned some thing!

gusgus910

#5 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

No problem gusgus. Glad I could help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users