Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

question on trojans

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rage Skywolfe

Rage Skywolfe

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

I got a couple of cds analyized a few days ago that were mp3 cds. one of them turned out clean and one of them they said had what was recognised by their programs as trojans. the file names were keyfinder 2.0.1.zip, SetupRevelation.exe and setuprevelationv2.0.zip. they never gave me the files thea they were actually under just what they were detercted as. I haven't added any files as such to that particular cd just the mp3s. I have also done a search on my own computer and nothing of those names were found.what my question is is how do I find out what the exact files were where they were found and also if something like this is on the computer does it spread to other removable media disks including windows installation disks. I ut the mp3s that I have had on various cds back on the computer after a reformat usualy so how do I know if something has been accessed or infected? virus scanners come up clean and so do the malware scanners.

Edited by Rage Skywolfe, 14 May 2009 - 06:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users