Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.DLL FILES

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crabbyme

crabbyme

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

Not quite sure how they got there, but I am showing two .dll files on my Desktop. What should I do with them? I know not to delete .dll files, but don't know where they came from. They are:
libfn.dll and bdcore.dll. I did download and use a couple of programs recently for cleanup after a virus (one being Bit Defender) - so not sure if these are associated files or not. What should I do with these - I do not want them on my desktop. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:22 PM

They are most likely related to BitDefender. Delete them but leave them in the recycle bin. If after a week or so you don't notice any problems you can permanently delete them.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Rockerz

Rockerz

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

Don't Delete them instead just go ahead and rename them,
renaming is as good as deleting but you would have the file in place and if any program is using them would give an error then you would knoe the .dll files belong to which application.

Then it would be up to you to decide and uninstall the application or not

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users