Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:23 AM
Hi there, since last night, my taskbar and desktop icons have completely disappeared. Here is a list of problems I am encountering:
1) Disappeared taskbar and desktop icons
2) Unable to right-click on the desktop
3) The desktop background is still there though
4) I have been running low on memory recently, I received a message a few days ago advising me about that.
5) Since this problem has occured, I have deleted one folder from My Documents which was about 1GB in space. This is because I read on another website that this problem could be caused by lack of space, and that the computer doesn't have enough memory to even start properly, it requires 200mb to start. Hence I deleted that big folder. However, nothing has changed.
6) I can only open programs by using the Windows Task Manager.
7) I have not downloaded any new software in the last couple of days so I don't think its anything to do with a virus or a bug.
8) I tried typing "explorer.exe" into Task Manager, but nothing happened.
If you guys need any more info, do ask.
Anyone has any idea how to solve this?