Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hippytrash

hippytrash

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:44 AM

I am using a mini acer laptop with Windows XP with Firefox 3.0.10 it has Pimpzilla addon (which is like a skin for the browser I guess you would say) I also have IE( I cant tell what version) installed , which I seldom use. I have an issue with google.But it also seems it happens sometimes with other typing.

Using certain keys on the keyboard will cause the browser to shift before the entire search phrase is entered. View source windows pop up -with a box of code or some weird shifting to some other type of pop up window or just a general shutting down with a blank page and history box on the side or a new site of some kind will come up. I can usually bring back the original search box or page I was working on at the time by closing what has popped up

I previously used McAfee and found a trojan which was isolated and deleted. Currently I use Avast which has not shown any problems.

I dont know if this is a settings issue or something more serious but it is driving me bonkers as I dont know how to correct it.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users