Welcome to our forums!If you cannot use the Internet or download any programs
, you are going to need access to another computer (family member, friend, etc) with an Internet connection.
Please download Dr.Web CureIt
, ATF Cleaner
and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
, save to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD, transfer to the infected machine, then install and run the programs. If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the MBAM setup file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe
so it will install on the hard drive. For Dr.Web CureIt you will only need to double-click on launch.exe
You will also need to, manually download the database updates
for MBAM, save and transfer them as well. After installing MBAM, just double-click on mbam-rules.exe
to install and update.
Mbam-rules.exe is not
updated daily. Another way to get the most current database definitions if you're having problems updating through the program's interface or already have manually downloaded the latest definitions (mbam-rules.exe) shown on this page
, is to do the following: Install MBAM on a clean computer, launch the program and update through MBAM's interface. Copy the definitions (rules.ref
) to a USB stick or CD and transfer that file to the infected machine. Copy rules.ref to the location indicated for your operating system. If you cannot see the folder, then you may have to Reconfigure Windows
to show it.
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Print out and follow these Instructions for scanning with Dr.WebCureIt
in "safe mode
" after running ATF-Cleaner.
If you cannot boot into safe mode, then perform your scan in normal mode. Be aware, this scan could take a long time to complete.
-- Post the log in your next reply.
Print out and follow these Instructions for scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and perform a Quick Scan
in normal mode.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Check all items found for removal.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Some types of malware will disable Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming
it and changing the file extension
. <- click this link if you do not see the file extension
If using Windows Vista, refer to How to Change a File Extension in Windows Vista.
- Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file, rename it to mysetup and change the .exe extension to .scr, .com, .pif, or .bat.
- Then double-click on mysetup.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to begin installation.
- If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files.
- Right-click on mbam.exe, rename it to myscan and change the .exe extension in the same way as noted above.
- Double-click on myscan.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to launch the program.