Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

disable Malwarebytes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lfdow

lfdow

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:23 AM

I got some great information from this forum on disabling various AV programs, but couldn’t find how to disable Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Does anyone know how this is done?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 o_rly

o_rly

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:31 AM

Malwarebytes is not an A/V program.

But for future reference:
The free version doesn't have real-time scanning. If you have the paid version, go to the "Protection" tab and turn it off.
Don't mind me, I'm just lurking.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,969 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

There are several ways to disable MBAM's real-time protection (registered version only).
  • Right-click on the MBAM icon in the systray and uncheck Enable Protection.
  • When asked, "Are you sure you want to disable the MBAM Protection Module?", click Yes.
  • Right-click on the MBAM icon again and then uncheck Start with Windows.
  • The Protection Module is now disabled and will not restart.
  • (To re-enable, right-click on the MBAM icon in the systray and reverse those steps).
Alternatively, you can right-click on the MBAM icon in the systray, chose Exit and then click Yes at the prompt asking "Are you sure you want to disable the MBAM Protection Module?" This will only disable the until next reboot and then it will automatically be enabled again.

Another way to keep MBAM from loading at startup is to launch MBAM, click the Protection Tab and uncheck Start with Windows under General Settings.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users