Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows taking a long time to load explorer.exe

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tino5k

tino5k

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

I've been having this issue for a little over a month. When I start Windows XP, after it applies personal settings, it gets stuck at just a blank screen with my wallpaper for about 3 minutes or so before it finally starts to load all of the desktop icons. I have tried pulling up task manager while it is sitting there just showing the wallpaper, to see if explorer is running but the task manager doesn't come up until right before the desktop loads. Sounds like explorer.exe is somehow not loading as it should.

I've checked the startup programs in the registry and everything there is normal. Also I have not installed any new software or hardware lately. Any other ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users