Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP SP3 The System Adminastrator Has Set Policies To Prevent This Installation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 300c

300c

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

I get this every time I'm trying to reinstall Microsoft Streets & Trips 2007. I know I have uninstalled the program improperly by mistake and why I'm getting the pesky window stopping the reinstall. I had the program installed requiring the original disk in the drive to run the program. I got tired of having to do that so tried reinstalling the full program on my hard disk and did a reinstall but ended up somehow messing up files in the registry associated with this program.

I'm not afraid to troubleshoot the registry if someone can give me direct paths to make changes. I have resolved many other issues this way in the past. I just need good advice from a more experienced Jedi.

I also did a test with properly uninstalling Microsoft Works and then did a reinstall and that went in without a hitch. I really believe this issue is isolated just with the Microsoft Streets & Trips program. Any help with this issue greatly appreciated. I will check responses every 24 hours and reply.

:thumbsup:

Edited by boopme, 13 May 2009 - 08:21 PM.
cleaned tags~~boopme

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users