Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank Screen After Log in, Nothing works

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 quickslver82

quickslver82

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:33 PM

Please Help...

I have a Sony Vaio desktop, when i went to log in i am not able to see anything after i enter my password, i get a blank desktop with no icons nor tool bar or start up menu. Not even the Ctrl Alt Del option works, the only think that works is pressing the windows button and L and that takes me back to the login screen so i can shut down the comp.

I have had my pc restart on me while it was loading up before and have gotten the blue screen. This is a computer i bought from a friend when it was brand new a few years ago, however i do not have the windows CD.

Anything anyone can do to provide any info would be of great assistance, oh btw when i log in under safe mode i get the same thing cant to anything nor see anything, it seems like its trying to load something but after a period of time i.ll get the blue screen, it will restart, or just do nothing....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:43 PM

I think you have an issue with your explorer.exe file. That is the file that loads basically everything on your user-name including wallpaper and icons and such.

You may be able to repair it if you have a Windows Xp installation disk.

If a mod reads this, could you please move it to the Windows XP forum?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users