Hello and welcome.. I am moving this to the Am I Infected
forum for the scan results..Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
- Look for "Java Runtime Environment (JRE)" JRE 6 Update 13.
- Click the Download button to the right.
- Select your Platform: "Windows".
- Select your Language: "Multi-language".
- Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- Click Continue and the page will refresh.
- Under Required Files, check the box for Windows Offline Installation, click the link below it and save the file to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs
and remove all
older versions of Java.
-- If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u13-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.
-- If you choose to update via the Java applet in Control Panel, uncheck the option to install the Toolbar unless you want it.
-- The uninstaller incorporated in this release removes previous Updates 10 and above, but does not remove older versions, so they still need to be removed manually.
Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe)
adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. To disable the JQS service
if you don't want to use it, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck
the box for Java Quick Starter
. Click Ok and reboot your computer.