Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan has disabled computer completely

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jeichin

jeichin

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

I have a Trojan (or 2) that has crippled my computer. In fact, internet access has been disabled (no icons and no help menus or wizards are allowed to start) I scanned it in safe mode with MalwareBytes Anti Malware and it found 52 trojan infections but after removing them, the problem is still there. No internet connections or icons and I am not able to continue with cleaning it because of this. I posted a combofix log (in the wrong forum apparently) in here and was told to post it somewhere else, but now I cant due to my handicap on that PC. I would like to clean this computer and protect it once and for all. What next??? ThANKS in advance! Oh, I know some of this came from a program called AntivirusXP.exe and I also have a zip folder on the desktop called "catchme" if that is relevant.

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hello and welcome. iam moving this to the Am I Infected forum from XP,since you are..
Please post the MBAM log..
Next run ATF and SAS:
From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jeichin

jeichin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

I don't have internet access on that machine. Now what?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:53 PM

OK rerun MalwareBytes and post that log..

Internet connection problems
For Windows 2K/XP
Please go to Start -> Control Panel, and choose Network Connections. Then right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and left click on properties. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item and select the radio button that says Obtain DNS servers automatically. Click OK twice, and restart your computer.

For Windows 98/ME
Click on Start, then Settings, and then click on Control Panel to open the Control Panel. Then double-click on the Network icon. You will then be presented with a list of entries. Scroll down until you see TCP/IP -> yournetworkcard and double-click on that entry. This will open the TCP/IP properties window.
Click once on the DNS Configuration tab, and <manually insert further instructions>

++
Try this--open control, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, uncheck the box next to "use proxy...."
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 jeichin

jeichin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

OK, the other computer's CDRW drive won't write so I cant post the log. Also, I have NO ICONS for internet connection when I go to that menu. Ran the ATF cleaner but the computer virus I guess wont let me run the Superantispyware . says admin wont allow. similar to when I try to do a restore or run a wizard, or even open a help menu. The biggest issue is the network. It would be much easier if I could get access. It simply has no connections and wont let me add any either. BTW, I am in safe mode.

#6 jeichin

jeichin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:02 PM

took it out of safe mode and was able to use the CDR. Here is the first log and the last.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.18
Database version: 876

4:03:04 PM 5/13/2009
mbam-log-5-13-2009 (16-03-04).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 90445
Time elapsed: 18 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 9
Registry Values Infected: 12
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 29

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c008169C.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Unloaded module successfully.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C2BA40A1-74F3-42BD-F434-12345A2C8953} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bho_cpv.workhorse (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{15421b84-3488-49a7-ad18-cbf84a3efaf6} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bho_cpv.workhorse.1 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{e7f15ac4-e0a9-43f0-921b-70dfea621220} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\__c008169c (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\new_drv (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\new_drv (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\new_drv (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{C2BA40A1-74F3-42BD-F434-12345A2C8953} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run\A00F3CA95B.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run\A00F31929C.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run\A00F19824.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run\A00F26622.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run\A00F244B168.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run\A00F24C715B.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run\A00F2655454.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run\A00F27C2EBB.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run\A00F2C5F563.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run\A00F18B14.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ttool (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jkshfuiehi.dll (Trojan.Zlob) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files\WWShow\WWShow.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\xmrgycj.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\796525\796525.dll.vir (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\796525\796525.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Line-X\Local Settings\Temp\_A00F3CA95B.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Line-X\Local Settings\Temp\_A00F31929C.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Line-X\Local Settings\Temp\_A00F19824.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Line-X\Local Settings\Temp\_A00F26622.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Line-X\Local Settings\Temp\_A00F244B168.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Line-X\Local Settings\Temp\_A00F24C715B.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Line-X\Local Settings\Temp\_A00F2655454.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Line-X\Local Settings\Temp\_A00F27C2EBB.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Line-X\Local Settings\Temp\_A00F2C5F563.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Line-X\Local Settings\Temp\_A00F18B14.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\9129837.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c0020910.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c0029A80.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c005A7A8.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c006CD7E.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c0078611.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c008169C.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c008BBEF.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c00A0687.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c00AD497.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c00B5626.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c00F4D84.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\p2hhr.bat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\new_drv.sys (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.18
Database version: 876

5:25:03 PM 5/13/2009
mbam-log-5-13-2009 (17-25-03).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 89721
Time elapsed: 17 minute(s), 51 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#7 jeichin

jeichin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:22 PM

here is the log from SAS:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 05/13/2009 at 06:31 PM

Application Version : 4.26.1002

Core Rules Database Version : 3868
Trace Rules Database Version: 1816

Scan type : Quick Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:21:45

Memory items scanned : 198
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 507
Registry threats detected : 54
File items scanned : 8049
File threats detected : 16

Trojan.Dropper/Sys-NV
[reader_s] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\READER_S.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\READER_S.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NVRSK.DLL

Trojan.Dropper/Win-NV
[sysLDtray] C:\WINDOWS\LD08.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LD08.EXE
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run#sysldtray [ C:\windows\ld08.exe ]

Trojan.Agent/Gen-PIDLE
[pidle] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LINE-X\APPLICATION DATA\PIDLE\PIDLE.EXE
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LINE-X\APPLICATION DATA\PIDLE\PIDLE.EXE

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Reader_S
[reader_s] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LINE-X\READER_S.EXE
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LINE-X\READER_S.EXE
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run#reader_s [ C:\WINDOWS\System32\reader_s.exe ]

Trojan.Agent/Gen-TwainFake
[Twain] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LINE-X\APPLICATION DATA\TWAIN\TWAIN.EXE
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LINE-X\APPLICATION DATA\TWAIN\TWAIN.EXE

Browser Hijacker.MJCore
HKU\S-1-5-21-171489250-293828987-204098865-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{d88e1558-7c2d-407a-953a-c044f5607cea}
HKCR\CLSID\{D88E1558-7C2D-407A-953A-C044F5607CEA}
HKCR\CLSID\{D88E1558-7C2D-407A-953A-C044F5607CEA}
HKCR\CLSID\{D88E1558-7C2D-407A-953A-C044F5607CEA}\inprocserver32
HKCR\CLSID\{D88E1558-7C2D-407A-953A-C044F5607CEA}\inprocserver32#ThreadingModel
HKCR\CLSID\{D88E1558-7C2D-407A-953A-C044F5607CEA}\progid
HKCR\CLSID\{D88E1558-7C2D-407A-953A-C044F5607CEA}\programmable
HKCR\CLSID\{D88E1558-7C2D-407A-953A-C044F5607CEA}\typelib
HKCR\CLSID\{D88E1558-7C2D-407A-953A-C044F5607CEA}\versionindependentprogid
HKCR\BHO_MyJavaCore.Mjcore.1
HKCR\BHO_MyJavaCore.Mjcore.1\clsid
HKCR\BHO_MyJavaCore.Mjcore
HKCR\TypeLib\{E0F01490-DCF3-4357-95AA-169A8C2B2190}
C:\PROGRAM FILES\JCORE\JCORE2.DLL

Rootkit.Agent/Gen-Rustock
HKLM\system\controlset001\services\ovfsthlhhowxqryvjnyucontpwvkaijsridphk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\OVFSTHOCPYIHNTDWMEGAWXHWEWLKERFIPOFAQL.SYS
HKLM\system\controlset002\services\ovfsthlhhowxqryvjnyucontpwvkaijsridphk

Trojan.Unknown Origin
HKLM\Software\AGProtect
HKLM\Software\AGProtect#Cfg
C:\Documents and Settings\Line-X\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\bestwiner.stt

Adware.Admess
HKCR\AppId\{F6BDB4E5-D6AA-4D1F-8B67-BCB0F2246E21}
HKCR\AppId\WStart.DLL
HKCR\AppId\WStart.DLL#WStart
HKCR\WStart.WHttpHelper
HKCR\WStart.WHttpHelper.1
HKLM\Software\WSoft
HKLM\Software\WSoft#WSoft

Trojan.RUNSRV32/System
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run#Adware.Srv32 [ C:\WINDOWS\system32\runsrv32.exe ]

Trojan.SUSP/Transponder
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run#Transponder [ C:\WINDOWS\system32\susp.exe ]

Trojan.Fake-Alert/Trace
C:\Documents and Settings\Line-X\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\fbk.sts

Rogue.AntiVirusXP
HKU\S-1-5-21-171489250-293828987-204098865-1006\Software\AntivirusXP
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#Autorun
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#RegisterShellExtension
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#CheckForUpdates
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#QuickScanAtStartup
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#StartMinimized
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#ID
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#ScanArchives
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#ScanFiles
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#ScanMail
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#ScanProcesses
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#ScanRegistry
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#BasesVersion
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#CoreVersion
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#TotalScans
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#lastScanDate
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#lastScanTime
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#lastUpdateDate
HKLM\Software\AntivirusXP#lastUpdateTime
HKU\S-1-5-21-171489250-293828987-204098865-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run#AntivirusXP.exe [ C:\Program Files\AntivirusXP\AntivirusXP.exe ]
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LINE-X\DESKTOP\SETUPANTIVIRUSXP.EXE

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Deckard\System Scanner\20080527104249\backup\WINDOWS\temp\Cookies\line-x@statse.webtrendslive[2].txt

Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert
C:\OHKBRKOO.EXE
C:\WWMEOBLK.EXE

Trojan.Smitfraud Variant-Gen/Bensorty
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AFNOINKDSFE.DLL

Trojan.Fake-Drop/Gen
C:\WINDOWS\ZSERV.DLL

-------------------------------------------------------------

Still have ZERO internet connection options. Wizards and help menus still wont allow me to use them. I have no idea how to get my LAN stuff back up. I am connected to a router in a home network.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

OK we are doin good here . smacked Xp antivirus around. Don't do ComboFix or HJT now.. See blue text at top of this forum. SAS did well. Do you have internet now? If so do MBAM as instructed below.

IF NOT... See if this fixes your Net issues .

Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process

Rerun MBAM like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

EDIT: I missed your last line... Can you try booting to safe mode and select "Safe Mode with Networking." See if this allows you to reach the Net.

Edited by boopme, 13 May 2009 - 07:19 PM.

#9 jeichin

jeichin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

I am STUCK! When I open my network connections, there is nothing there. Nothing to click on. When I try to run the wizard, it opens, but wont go past the first screen. It seems all my help menus and wizards have been disabled. I can't continue this debugging until I have internet again. Is there a way to re-establish my hardware and software for networking without a wizard?

oh, yeah, safe mode with networking is a no go as well.

Edited by jeichin, 14 May 2009 - 07:21 PM.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:20 PM

Ok then..
Try the following, you will need your windows XP CD available.
Run the System File Checker

Click Start, Run, and then type in SFC /scannow
Let it run.

If prompted to insert your Windows CD, do so.
If this happened,Please reboot after completion to be certain the changes take effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users