Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dos batch files don't work

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 billy737

billy737

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:31 PM

Running xp pro sp3

All of a sudden no shortcuts to DOS batch files work. If you run the batch file using cmd.exe, the screen seems to ignore you and flash back to the desktop. If you run the dos batch file as an EXE a 16 Bit Dos subsytem error is returned that states that NTDVM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. However, if you run Command.Com you are able to run the batch file from the c:\ prompt and everything works fine [batch and program].

I changed the environmental variable COMSPEC to point to command.com rather than cmd.exe but that had no effect.

Autoexec.nt and Config.nt seem to be the same as on other computers on my network. I did copy doskey.exe and dosx.exe from a newer computer[renamed the older versions] to no avail.

Did a system restore - no effect.

Any pointers for an amateur like me?

Billy737

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users