Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding .exe files to firewall?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Laraelliott

Laraelliott

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

I have been having problems with my AVG free updates and after following all the FAQ's including one from this site explaining how to avoid the "connection failed" signs, I have found that I need to possibly unblock these various AVG files from windows firewall. I have added All AVG programs that show up on the exceptions but now am stuck as this has not helped and I still have to allow the exe files listed below
* avgam.exe
* avgcmgr.exe
* avgemc.exe
* avgiproxy.exe
* avgnsx.exe
* avgtray.exe
* avgui.exe
* avgupd.exe
* avgwdsvc.exe
it also says I have to allow the following servers
* guru.avg.com
* guru1.grisoft.cz
* guru2.grisoft.cz
* guru3.grisoft.cz
* downloadfree.avg.com
* update.avgfree.com

Can anyone tell me how as I am usually quite good with most things but obviously not when it comes to firewalls!
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users