Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Puter Talks telling me I won something

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 femmeartist51

femmeartist51

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

Ok now, this computer is possessed by a spirit or something. You could have my computer on, no one on it. All of a sudden a voice says I won either a WII or that I just "congratulations you won...". I go to the screen and there is nothing to click to remove this voice. There has nothing on the bottom of the screen of any program that has opened. Also I keep on getting popups from blueskyadagency, can't find anywhere to remove them or ask to be removed. Did a search for them, and that is how I found this group. I have run AVG and Spybot several times and nothing shows up in AVG as a virus, sometimes I have different things that Spybot shows. So how do I get rid of this. My popup is on, but can't find an area to place blueskyadagency. I can use some help and want to kill this computer. Anyway thanks for any help. I have windows XP Intell Pent.4 I think. Thanks Lynda

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 13 May 2009 - 12:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:14 AM

Try this,

Download Malwarebytes,

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...4-10804572.html

Install,do a scan, let it fix all it finds.

You may get a message that some couldn't be removed until the computer is restarted.
Click Yes, OK, Or whatever it is to scan at next startup [can't remember]

Restart the unit & let it do it's thing.

I quit using Spybot S&D awhile ago & went t5o Malwarebytes.
Does a quicker scan & a better job.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 femmeartist51

femmeartist51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:53 AM

Hi there, I did use Malware and it actually found 76 problems. I guess I might stop using spybot also, if it is not doing the job well enough. I found the info on another post. I hope this fixes the problems. Does Malware, I think that is the name, do they offer their product for free?? Thanks Lynda

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

The link I posted is for the free version of Malwarebytes.

[fixed a typo]

Edited by fairjoeblue, 13 May 2009 - 12:46 PM.

OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#5 femmeartist51

femmeartist51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

fairjoeblue......Thank you for the info about malwarebytes. It seems to have helped what was going on with my computer. Cleaned up all that bad popups. Removed Spybot, and love malwarebytes. Much better for my computer Thanks for your help. Lynda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users