Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to backup Windows XP Professional Updates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sany.ganguly

sany.ganguly

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:19 AM

I regularly use WinXP's Autoupdate to download and install patches and updates.

What I would like to know is how to backup these updates?

Windows downloads these files to some hidden location and then installs them but I would like to back these up to some DVD. Later if I reinstall Windows XP or buy another computer then I can simply install these without having to download them again - something like the Autopatcher program.

I regularly backup the \Windows folder + System State but I would SPECIFICALLY like to know to backup the KBXXXX.EXE or KBXXXXX.MSI files either before or after WindowsXP downloads these.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cosmo_wanda

cosmo_wanda

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:38 AM

Why u must keep this updates when you can download FULL of them :flowers:

Try Autopatcher :trumpet:

It more valuable than keep your separately download (wasting badwidth) :thumbsup:

#3 sany.ganguly

sany.ganguly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:03 AM

Autopatcher is Ok but the main reason for getting a legal version of WinXP is to download these updates.
Also Autopatcher I think has been disbanded and no updates are available since middle of 2008 - not sure though
I haven't been to their site lately.

OOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPS! Scatch the above post - just checked their web site and its up and running and you need
to downloads updates through a new downloading software - will give it a try but my questions still stands
"HOW TO BACKUP MICROST SUPPLIED UPDATES?"

Edited by sany.ganguly, 14 May 2009 - 04:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users