Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMD FX-53

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chaotique

chaotique

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:46 PM

I'm trying to build a new PC for editing for a group of independent film makers. The current hardware config is as follows. Plz tell me how I can improve on the basics. Also, if anyone knows of a tower that can hide the cables and cords to improve airflow, I'd appreciate it.

Thermaltake XaserV WinGo Silver Gaming Tower
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum NVIDIA NForce 3 ULTRA Chipset
AMD Socket 939 Athlon 64 FX-53 Processor
GeForce FX 5600 Video Card w/256MB DDR, 128 Bit, DVI/CATV, 8x AGP
Plextor USB 2.0 Digital Video Convertor
Thermaltake Silent PurePower 560W Power Supply
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory, Low Latency 1 GB DDR PC3200
Maxotr 300 GB 5400RPM IDE Drive
2 MSI Black 52*24*52*16 DVD/CD-RW Combo Drives

Like I said, any help would be appreciated.
Chaotique by Nature... UnCivilized by Marriage... Sadistic by Design.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:38 AM

All your specs sounds like a really sweet system. The case has plenty of room inside it to do good cable management, but it is known to be somewhat heavy. So if your going to transport it a lot, you may want to consider a different case.

For the cable management I recommend you purchase rounded IDE cables, either split loom or cable sleeves for the power cables and other ancillary cables, and some wire ties.

Everything else looks great. Do you plan on purchasing a DVD Burner for it? If so then I highly recommend you purchase the NEC ND-2500A as a replacment to one of the MSI's and it should only cost you an extra 20 - 30 dollars.

#3 chaotique

chaotique
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 28 August 2004 - 07:32 PM

Thankx a lot. I've only been repairing for 2 yrs, and I'm jes getting my feet wet with the building aspect. I'll take your advice under advisement.
Chaotique by Nature... UnCivilized by Marriage... Sadistic by Design.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users