Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

?is MSASb1 disallowing inno installs?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mike1955

mike1955

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:30 AM

XP SP2 user
When starting installation package for winrar, (Inno install pack) MS antispyware warned me inno was trying to change reg key and I mistakenly blocked the action. Now I cant run any installations which use inno install pack
Been to MSantispyware "blocked events" to unblock but no reference to event in log or in blocked applications
Been to registry for ? run once inno key left with exclamation but only old inno keys for previously installed executables
Searched google for references but looks unique
System restore was turned off, ?one of my over helpful system utilities(2004)

Any clues??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:11 AM

Probably the simplest fix is to uninstall MSAS beta1. (I'd also delete this from programs.)

Continue with the install of the "winrar, (Inno install pack) ".

Then get the new (6/24/05) update beta release of MSAS here MicroSoft AntiSpyWare Refresh Download

This will avoid the conflict with the MSAS, I think. Anyway, you'll know now not to block
any changes for that particular program.

I'd also reset the system restore processes - you might need it in the future...

Seems the easiest fix to me.

Regards,
Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users