Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Install SNMP on my Windows XP PC!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cap2587

cap2587

• Members
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:52 PM

I have windows XP Pro SP2 on my desktop. I am trying to enable SNMP to start accessing network performance tools. Every time I try to enable it through windows compenents, managment and monitoring tools it just won't install. It asks me for my XP CD and I put it in. Then it tries to find a specific file in the I-386 folder and say's it can't locate it. Not sure of what the issue is. All my other computer's had no trouble doing this. Any advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

Hi, you will have to install it through add/remove programs. http://www.windowsreference.com/networking...ows-2000xp2003/
MCP
MSDST

#3 cap2587

cap2587
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:18 AM

This is a good tutorial on how to install SNMP! I have tried everything and had no luck. I have followed all the instructions correctly on how to install it and it just isn't happening. Once I put in my XP SP2 CD it doesn't find the file it is looking for. I guess it is in the I-386 folder. Any other thoughts. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users