Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup stops in BIOS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:59 AM

When I went to start up my computer, it stopped with the following message: See Master Drive-ATAPI Incompatible...Press F1 to resume. I sure would appreciate it if someone could explain what this means.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Futs

Futs

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:13 AM

I think the most common thing to do would be to replace the IDE cable from a 33 to a Ultra 100/133
Posted Image

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:59 AM

I'm more interested in what the message meant, but thanks anyway.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Allmanman

Allmanman

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:10 PM

Ya really didn't give allot of info with that post so it's hard to say what that message may mean (other than just obvious guesses). Like, did it still boot up despite the message? Were any new devices installed? Or any changes made recently to the system? You may get more responses if you give a little more detail. I was gonna blow by your post myself but figured I'd let ya know it was vague. System specs often help the techs determine a problem as well. Wish I was one..lol. Have a nice day.
"We'll raise our children in the peaceful way we can,
It's up to you and me Brother to try and try again"

- "Ain't Wastin' Time No More" - The Allman Brothers Band

#5 Danomanuk

Danomanuk

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:45 PM

I guess it is something with the Hard Drive? Aint sure...

But means there is a problem or it just dosn't like it

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:13 AM

This all started with trying to use my CD-R and it wouldn't open, I then used a pin to open it, if I shut the tray the LED on it would come on and not shut off. I tried re-booting to see if it would re-set, and that was when the ATAPI Incompatible notice happened. I trun off the computer, removed the data cord and turned it back on with the same message appering again. I replaced the cord and turned it on again, and there was no pause in the start up, but the CD still wasn't functioning. After not having any luck I quit for the night, when I started the computer the next morning, the tray slid shut and the LED went off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users