Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

installing SP2....can't update anymore?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sambo80

sambo80

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:42 PM

Hi

this is a strange one...I installed SP2....seems ok....

Then I went to www.microsoft.com, and then to update.....but it says that can't load update.....so I went to the microsoft troubleshooting guide, and it told me to change a registry value in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Windows/

and then to change the value of ' CSDVersion ' from my value of 200 to 0.

So I did, rebooted, went to microsoft/update, and now it says I have no SP1 or any updates installed......WTF!!!

SP2 shouldn't remove SP1......so any ideas guys.....should I uninstall SP2?

thanks

Saj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:16 AM

The reason it shows no service packs is because you changed the CSDVersion to 0. When a service pack is installed it puts its version into that registry value. I am assuming 200 stands for service pack 2.

I would change it back to 200, go back to windowsupdate.com and try updating. let me know the error you get

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users