Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HJT Preparation Guide

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

I got bored today and decided just to read through the HJT Preparation Guide. While I was reading it, I noticed something that I don't see there that I see in the canned speeches like this one:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1259776

The one thing I noticed is the text in green telling about being patient and to not reply to your own post.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond. Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible

Do you think that part (or something similar...or something like that....) would be a good idea to put into the prep guide or would it do little good?

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

Mmmmm, don't think it will make a great difference. The ones who read the guide, will find the following.

Be patient and polite while waiting for your question to be answered. It is important to remember that everyone here is a volunteer, so you may not receive an answer immediately.

Everyone can see the HJT-forum is... lets say, quite busy.

Its like adding in capitals and bold text that you should not use Combofix on your own.... They do it anyway.

O and it is also stated in the header-message of the HJT-forum

Do not bump your topic. We try to resolve logs on a first come/first served basis. By bumping your log you will be pushed back in line due to the new date of your bump.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:10 PM

O and it is also stated in the header-message of the HJT-forum

Do not bump your topic. We try to resolve logs on a first come/first served basis. By bumping your log you will be pushed back in line due to the new date of your bump.

:thumbsup: .......wow....I obviously need to wake up more. Didn't see that one.

You're probably right. It'd probably make little difference, let alone that there's already something at the top of the HJT forum (shows how little I pay attention in that forum :flowers: ) and all of the other stuff that you mentioned as well.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

I have to admit I made the same suggestion some time ago, I will see if I can find the topic (have no idea where I posted it) and send you the link.

Searched, but I cannot find it anymore, think its outdated.

Anyway, what I posted in my previous post, I learned there.

The general idea is, there are two kind of people, the ones that do understand we are all volunteers and the ones that do not.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users