Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox must be used to view a website...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JacobHall

JacobHall

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:10 PM

Hello BC users,

I really need some help,

On my website, It is much better viewed in firefox, therefore I am looking for a script that stops all browsers from using Internet Explorer or other and only allows them to use Firefox.

Is there a script that restricts them from doing it and displays a pop-up, giving them the option to either enter with some incapabilities or click another button to download Firefox.

You can check my website out yourselves, if you click latest news in IE you will see the content box doesnt expand, but in Firefox it does.

Thanks
Jake

http://www.habbointerairport.co.uk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RavenPhoenix

RavenPhoenix

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:55 PM

Probably an easier thing to do would be to have the homepage set up like an entry gateway. What I mean is when they type in your address it goes to your website that states something like:
"[Your site name] is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox, we suggest you download firefox from http://www.getfirefox.com and revisit. If you would like to continue with IE or if you already have Firefox, please click Enter Here below"

Then put an ENTRER Here with the link to your main entrance page.
Forum Skulker. Preventing Comp Nukes everywhere. :-)

#3 JacobHall

JacobHall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:08 PM

Any other way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users