Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I do a fresh install of XP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 steerstuffer

steerstuffer

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

I've posted my hijackthis log and haven't received any replies to it in another forum so I guess I must do a fresh install of XP because doing a pc restore doesn't help the problem. My problem is constant freezing to the point I can't do much on the computer anymore. The diagnostics says everyhting is fine. How do I do a fresh install of xp? Is there any sequence of reinstalling items, etc... PLMK Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,581 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

Hi, be aware that there is a huge backlog in the HJT-forum, due to the fact that there are very many with problems and only a certain number of people here at BC that are qualified to assist to the problems. The backlog can be more as a week.
You will get a reply, if you didn't receive one until now that does not mean your PC is hopeless.

If however you decide you don't want to wait and want to go through with the reformat, please post back.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

Clean Install Procedure with Illustrative Screen Captures - http://www.theeldergeek.com/xp_home_install_-_graphic.htm

XP Clean Install - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users