Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd Issue with Internet Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Unimatic1140

Unimatic1140

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:27 AM

Hi everyone, I'm having an odd issue with my 5 year old Sony Viao. I have my router connected to a Cable modem and the Sony computer is connected directly to the router via network cable. Sometimes I lose all connectivity on my Sony, but at the same time my laptop continues to work just fine in the house so I know its not the internet connection directly. I try powering down everything (including the computer, cable modem and router) and then sometimes I get good connectivity back for about 1/2 hour. Then what usually happens is after about 1/2 hour I start to lose connectivity on the Sony but only to web sites that I have not visited in the past half hour. So if I use google and CNN.com I can continue to use those sites, but when I try going to other sites that I didn't use during the 1/2 hour of good connectivity I get the standard "This page cannot be displayed message". Has anyone seen anything like this before, its really very confusing.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users