Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video card help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zenoside

Zenoside

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:09 PM

Hi, Im abit new here and I was just wondering if you guys could help me out.

I want to ramp up my computer with the best I can buy with the smallest amount of money spent. (Im a little tight on money)

My specs are:

OS Windows XP

My Motherboard is a

Aopen Ak79D-400VN

CPU: AMD Athlon XP/Duron CPU/Socket A/ 400Mhz

Chipset: nVidia Nforce2 SSP/nVidia MCP

Graphics: 8x AGP Slot

IDE: intergrated ATA 133 Controller
Max Disk: 144,000,000GB

Main Memory: Dual Channel Mode (128bit)/Support DDR400/DDR DIMM x 3/DIMM type: 64/128/256/512 MB & 1GB/Max Memory 3GB

Sound: Realteck AC'97 CODEC on-board (ALC650E)/ 5.1Channel

My current Graphics card is:
GeForce FX 5200ULTRA AGP
128 MB DDR-650Mhz

And I have 512 MB RAM

Are there any upgrades (specificly Video Cards and sound Cards) That I could use?

If so, are there any cheap solutions?
I am an Avid Gamer, and would like to "Trick out my computer" so to speak. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:26 PM

Dear Zeno,

Cheap and tricked out don't go hand and hand.

Video Cards

The big guys are Abit, ASUS, ATI, and they go down from there. Here is a good card but If you notice it has no fan. Just add a Vantec fan card ($20) and your in business.

ZipZoomFly

Look at the vid cards a t ZipZoomFly.com and Newegg.com. Your AGP slot is a 8X so keep that in mind. No sense in buying a 4X if you can go 8X.

Memory Ram

Corsair. I trust them and them only. Go to Corsair.com and plug your motherboard or computer specs into "The Ram Guy" to find the right memory. Don't go cheap on this and get only matching sets ie., 256 with 256, 512 with 512, and so on.
I recommend going 2GB (two 1GB sticks) in ram for gamers. You warp through the internet too.

Sound Cards

Creative Labs. Even there cheap card works great.

Remember cooling!

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users