Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to get Ad-Aware '07 off XP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 hockeyrick

hockeyrick

Software Thief

• Deactivated
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:12 AM

I downloaded XP Black and installed it perfect. No problem. In fact, I have done this with many versions and they all have this, below!!!

But it seems to have some residual file folders of Ad-Aware 2007

They cannot be deleted at all

I just tried to install the new '09 anniversary edition, but the install triggers a warning that it can't continue due to this:

c:/Docume~1/Ad-Aware_2007_7.0.2.1_free.msi

What is the secret to getting rid of this? I'm no wizard but help me out if anyone can!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:42 AM

Buy a legal operating system. I can't imagine why you would want to steal an OS when Windows RC7 can be downloaded for free. As far as helping you with your pirated OS, sorry, no.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:59 PM

I just had to share this members PM to me:

thx for your opinion about me downloading an os not paid for.
the fact is, the bleeped up Vista that came with my laptop was no good..
no way am I going to pay. for another.

and, as if no one does this, not that it makes it ok.

so go bleep yourself!

Isn't that sweet. I pointed out that Windows RC7 was freely available, and I get told to bleep off. :thumbsup: If that's the best you have..... I really can't help that you can't figure out how to make Vista do what you want. it works perfectly for me and millions of others. But see, you didn't just want to steal an operating system, you wanted to steal all of the pirated software that comes installed with XP Black. That tells me right there that you are not just interested in the operating system, but stealing other software also. You have to admit that boasting about your theft on an open forum, especially where we have logs of where and when you posted is probably about on par with trying to steal software. Then telling me to bleep off, after I offered a solution to your operating system dilemma...well, you have inspired me to create a special category for you.

<sigh> I remember what it was like to be 12 and think I was cool too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users