Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

osmim.dll problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mitsman

mitsman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:33 PM

hi i stumbled upon this website while searching for some help for my laptop problem i got a trojan horse problem.
| Risk-----------|--Count--|--Filename--|---Risk type|
|Trojan Horse--|-----2----|--osmim.dll-|----File------| this keeps showing up in the norton autoprotect results every 2-3
minutes. At first i thought it was gona go away but this keeps going on for 3 days now. It pops up again if i close it and
its really getting annoying. Was wondering if any1 can help me with this? Would really appreciate your help :thumbsup:
PS: sorry about the fancy drawing was trying to draw the autoprotect window xD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:26 PM

Haven't seen this one in a while.
First go to the Add/Remove program and see if there is a listing there for "NewDotNet" or "New.Net". Uninstall it if
found. You may need to run a program called LSP-Fix so post back with what you found while I
look around a bit.

It would also be a good idea to run a scan with Super Antispyware Free. Directions and download link in link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1040160
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 mitsman

mitsman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

thnx did all the thing u told me to. and so far 2487 threats are detected lol :thumbsup: guess norton antivirus sucks cause nothing showed up there -.- took me 4 and a half hours to scan my computer. all problems are gone now plus my computer runs extremely faster!!! thnx alot man ur a savior!

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:00 AM

Most of the items found by SAS were likely "third party cookies".

You can block the Ad/ tracking cookies (third party cookies) from ever installing on your computer by following the steps below.
This applies to Internet explorer browsers.
Click on tools
click on internet options
click on privacy tab
click on advanced button
put a check in the box next to override automatic cookie handling
put a check in the box next to first party accept
put a check in the box next to block third party cookies (those are the ad/ tracking cookies that AVG deletes)
Click OK to exit
Then just run another quick scan with SAS to remove the third party cookies that were installed before changing the settings.

To block third party cookies in Firefox 3, uncheck "accept third party cookies"

If malware other than cookies was found, post the Super Antispyware log.
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
o Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
o Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
* Click Close to exit the program.

Allow Secunia Online Scanner to scan your programs for missing security updates. Only takes a minute or two. If your Java needs updating, update it and then go to Add/Remove and remove all old Java programs.
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/

Cleanup your temporary files and logs with ATF Cleaner.
http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=1
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.

* Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
* Click the Empty Selected button.
* If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
* If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
* Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users