Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

one more time

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 big_Hunt1010

big_Hunt1010

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:54 PM

alright i just finished buildin my computer and when i go to boot it up and when i did it wont go past verifying DMI pool, its an old hard drive, i reformattede it first and then went to reboot it and it wont go past the DMI pool verification
please help me...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Danomanuk

Danomanuk

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:53 PM

Maybe your Motherboard is not accepting it?

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:26 PM

There are a lot of suggestions on possible causes for this problem on this website:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000474.htm

You have not told us what operating system you loaded on your system. You said you reformatted the hard drive and then tried to reboot. You cannot boot from a freshly formatted drive as it has no boot information on it.

If you are going to install windows XP you can boot direct from the CD - change the boot order in the BIOS setting to look at the CDROM drive first.

If you are installing older operating systems you will need a boot floppy. If you don't have one you can either make one on another Windows 98*Grinler machine or download one from www.bootdisk.com

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#4 big_Hunt1010

big_Hunt1010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:02 PM

i am installing xp but what is happening is thaT ONCE IT IS DONE AND TRIES TO REBOOT THE COMPUTER it just stops at verifying DMI pool. the hard drive was just [urchased it came out of my HP i got for christmas from my parents "boy what were they thinking" in the bios it reads the hard drive it is acting like it wont go in to it or something.

hope that helps.

#5 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:55 PM

Hey Big,

Good to hear from you again sorry to hear you are having problems.

Just to make clear, you have loaded XP then rebooted to a problem?

Would you tell us exactly what you built? I know its a hassle but it will help us to help you.

On a side note, I had similar problems loading XP in the past. Heat. Xp takes a long time to load and works your CPU to breakdown.

When I load XP I always open the side panel and put a box fan on high to cool.

Just from what I know now I would format your hard drive, use a box fan to cool CPU, and reload XP.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#6 big_Hunt1010

big_Hunt1010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:30 PM

my motherboard is a gigabyte p4 titan with 865g chipset , a celeron D 330 2.6 ghz 40gb hardrive used from a fairly new hp computer, standard cpu cooling fan, and a cd rom,

ummm.....i tried resetting cmos last night didnt work...... ummm

its not that it is freezing its just stopping at the DMI pool,, this is kinda gettin on my nerves

i just want to finish it

umm i will try a few other things out
and ask some more people

my moms friends son designs computers for nasa he might be able to help me i will get back to ya

thnx
big_Hunt1010

#7 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:41 PM

Dear Big,

I have to say this, did you double check your connections? It could be something very simple.

Is that a new mother board? Re-seat the CPU but be careful. And replace that temporary CPU fan with a better heatsink and fan. Intel only gives you a cheap fan.

On your side.

Let us know,

Junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users