Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Login to Blank Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eagle11232

eagle11232

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

I was running a regular spyware and antivirus sweep with AVG and SuperAntiSpyware. The SAS found a few items to remove, and then asked for a reboot. I selected yes and when the machine came back up, I could log on, but the only thing that loaded was a blank blue screen with a cursor (that moves). Num Lock and Caps Lock both toggle, but I have no ability to right click, CRTL-ESC and CRTL-ATL-DELETE have no effect. Tried to boot in normal, safe mode w/networking and safe mode - all boot the same way. I have my XP disk and did a repair install, but no luck. I have been looking at the recovery console information online. I ran a CHKDSK /P and which found one error, and a CHKDSK /R repaired the noted error. I searched the forums but all other similar problems, everyone else has had right click capability, can pull up the start menu or get to the Task Manager. Any help you can provide would be great! Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users