Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Me only boots into Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PapaSmurf88

PapaSmurf88

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:30 PM

Hey guys I got a Windows ME laptop into my shop today and since I dont know much about Windows ME I thought I would post my problems here for some help. First problem is that if I can get it to boot it only boots into safe mode. Most of the time it boots me to a boot screen that says:
Normal Mode
Logged Mode
Safe Mode
Step-by-step confermation

No matter choice I make it restarts the computer and sends me right back to the boot screen.

Then sometimes when I cold boot it shows me the post screen and 2 boxes that say
Press F1 to boot (which takes to me to the above mentioned boot screen)
or
Press F10 to enter setup (which takes me to the BIOS Screen)

If you guys have any ideas about this problem and how to fix it I would appreciate it very much as im getting paid $75/day to work on it. From what she told me the cd rom doesnt work so a quick restore is outta the question. And I cant format the drive because apparently there is some data on there that she really needs.
My Specs:

Albatron PX915P4C Pro
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz Processor w/ HT technology
2x 512MB PC3200 Memory
120 GB Western Digital IDE HD
SAPPHIRE X550 256Mb Video Card

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:22 PM

What is the exact make/model of the laptop?
Have you checked the hard disk for errors? You could run a scandisk, or most brand name laptops come with a diagnostic utility that you can check the devices in the computer.

Try that, and let us know of what transpires.

If you guys have any ideas about this problem and how to fix it I would appreciate it very much as im getting paid $75/day to work on it.

Just send me my commission if that works... :thumbsup:

:flowers:

Edited by Joshuacat, 26 June 2005 - 07:23 PM.

JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users