Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thebazman

thebazman

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

Hello there, I'm hoping someone might be able to help with this...

I seem to have lost sound this evening on my computer, I only noticed this when it became apparent that my msn instant message alert wasn't sounding... I haven't (wittingly, anyway!) changed any settings or anything like that, and I managed to plug in a different hard drive to the same pc - and sound played perfectly well, so I'm guessing it's not a hardware issue.

I'd previously been listening to a bbc radio station online, which plays through a real player plug-in, and I at one point muted the volume control on the little real player - this is probably not as relevant as I might think, but I remember having real player on one older pc that I had. If I muted any clip or sound in real player, opening up any other clip or sound in a different media player would result in no sound being heard - I'd have to re-open real player, and slide the volume back up on it to hear sound in, for example, WMP - a possible connection here?

Any ideas and/or thoughts would be much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thebazman

thebazman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

I don't like to reply to my own thread here, but...

Does anyone have any ideas? Pretty please?!

#3 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

Do a system restore and see if that helps.

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

#4 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:34 AM

if not, go to control panel then sound and audio device and uncheck the mute section.

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users