Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox on go slow mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Flicker

Flicker

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hi guys,

I seem to have run into a problem with Firefox, at first boot up, it is now taking approx 20 secs to recognise we have broadband connection before it loads the home page (google). Then when browsing, it can take minutes to sometimes load a page.

I've run various malware programs to determine if I have a virus but appear to be clean and I think it may be programs running in the background and I'm running autorun to see what I can disable, in the meantime, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I've tried most of the usual things, emptying cache's etc and temp files etc but still seem to have a problem.

System runs Windows XP and I use standard colour schemes and backgrounds

System is Intel Core2 Quad @ 2.4Gig with 3 Gig of RAM. Am a little confused as to why slow?

thanks
Simon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:12 PM

As a test, try using whatever version of Internet Explorer you have and see if it works better (I mean faster). If it doesn't then the problem lies elsewhere than with Ff.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users