Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firewire or Video Capture card

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 bartonj67

bartonj67

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:40 PM

I have a sony Digital Video camcorder and have loaded some of my videos up to my PC with supplied Pixela software and the USB connection. The quality of the video is OK on the PC(very small), but when I create a CD and play it thru a DVD player the picture quality on the TV (full screen) is very poor. I have been advised by a friend to buy a Firewire card, then someone else told me to get Video Capture card. I am now a bit confused - are they the same thing? If not what is the difference and which do I really need? Or do I just need better software?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:28 PM

Well are you playing the video on the camcorder and seeing it through the computer? Or are you transferring the videos to the computer and watching them from there?

If you are transferring them first, the firewire card will only make the transferring faster but not increase the quality of the video.

#3 bartonj67

bartonj67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:18 PM

I was transferring them first, and I am not concerned about the time factor only the quality. - So what do I need to make the quality better? Do I need a video capture card or is it my software - should I buy Roxio or Nero instead of the software that came with the camcorder (Pixela).
P.S. My question about the USB ports and firewire cards on the other forum was connected to this question. Sorry I have so many questions here, but out of interest I would still like to know if there is any way to tell what kind of ports I have?

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:16 AM

I just asked another question at the other post. Lets continue working on this there as it can get too confusing :thumbsup: I will close this topic so we dont reply to it anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users