Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Loading .dll file

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alicahn

alicahn

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:49 PM

Hi
This is my first post on bleepingcomputer.com
I own a Dell inspiron 1300 laptop with Microsoft Xp Pro, Version 2002 , Sp-3

problem:
1. After i switch on my computer, i receive 2 error messages...
Error Loading c:\WINDOWS\system32\ninoboku.dll, The specified module could not be found
Error Loading c:\WINDOWS\system32\vuvimuwe.dll, The specified module could not be found
2. The system is unresponsive and very slow

I was just browsing on to see what the above two error messages meant, i realised that it could be my system is infected with malware, currently i am using AVG 8.5 version, but does not seems to pick up the malware, and says the system is free of any threat.

I will appreciate a response from your side, my knowledge with computers is limited.

thanks
alicahn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:48 PM

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop from here.

Connect to the Internet. Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings. When the installation has finished, leave both of these checked:
Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Click the Finish button.

MBAM should start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.

From the scanner tab, select a QUICK SCAN and click the Scan button. Be sure all installed hard drives are selected from the list that pops up then.

After the scan finishes, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found. Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad. This log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. Copy and paste the entire contents of that report in your next post.

MBAM may tell you to reboot your computer to complete the process. If so, then reboot and post the contents of the log afterwards.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#3 alicahn

alicahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:35 PM

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop from here.

Connect to the Internet. Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings. When the installation has finished, leave both of these checked:
Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Click the Finish button.

MBAM should start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.

From the scanner tab, select a QUICK SCAN and click the Scan button. Be sure all installed hard drives are selected from the list that pops up then.

After the scan finishes, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found. Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad. This log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. Copy and paste the entire contents of that report in your next post.

MBAM may tell you to reboot your computer to complete the process. If so, then reboot and post the contents of the log afterwards.

Hi possumbarnes
That was a quick and very helpful reply from your end
Before i start the above process to make my laptop malware free, i have 2 questions that i need to confirm
1) thinks to keep in mind before rebooting the system ... do i need to make a backup of my important files ?
2) Do i need to unistal or disable AVG anti-virus that i currently have installed on my system, will it not effect or conflict with MBAM.

will apprecaite a reply from your end
Alicahn

#4 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

It shouldn't have any conflicts with AVG. AVG is an anti virus program. You should only have ONE anti virus running on your system at any one time. MBAM is an anti spyware program. You can have as many of those on your computer as you may need. I have 4 different anti spyware programs on my system at this time.

Always a good idea to backup important files before starting any cleaning of a system.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users