Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cpu memory goes 100% with a game that it shouldnt

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HALPMEPLOX

HALPMEPLOX

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:24 PM

Hey guys!

I have a big and annoying problem with playing Warcraft 3 in my computer.For some retarded reason my cpu memory goes very high while playing this game and i find this impossible believe that my computer can't run it normal because i've played this game for over a year and it has never had problems untill recently.

Here's a screenshot taken from task manager while i had the game window on basically (while i was in game , computer goes berserk)

Posted Image

And now when like few seconds pass, computer calms down and runs fine on

Posted Image

but at the moment i tab back to Warcraft 3 it goes +80-100% again....

Here's a 'Can you RUN it' test i did on Warcraft 3..(also shows my computer stats)

Posted Image

In conclusion - when i'm in game cpu memory goes VERY high and when i tab to windows it runs fine on..., i tried closing every process i had (except system) , even closed Explorer and still computer f***s around.
Also i'd like to mention that earlier i thought this was caused by a 'dllhost.exe' but now im not sure because i cant see which one of them eats the computer memory...
Please help me out , i'm kinda addicted to warcraft 3 and i love the game - never had such problem before and i could even run the game with my old computer (amd athlon - 512mb ram , 256mb Ati graphics..) and not have this problem.
PS!I've formated my computer 3 times, reinstalled warcraft 6 times (as attempts to fix this) but no luck and the problem still remains...
Thanks a bunch and i'll be waiting for some help then :thumbsup:

Edited by HALPMEPLOX, 11 May 2009 - 03:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HALPMEPLOX

HALPMEPLOX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

*cough...?* :thumbsup:

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

Try cleaning out the computer, especially around the heatsink/fan on the processor.

I find it weird that your task manager says 45 processes, but there's only a few shown.

I originally was thinking it may be a virus, but if you've reformatted a few times, then perhaps not.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 HALPMEPLOX

HALPMEPLOX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:56 AM

yeah, my computer (laptop) has begun making this noise ..and i'm pretty sure myself that the problem is inside the plastic (eg air filtering or something)
I've never opened a laptop so im not sure if its a good idea :S

#5 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

Yeah I don't think its reallty a problem too be honest I could be wrong but:

A new build of mine still fills the CPU up too 100% when running Diablo 1! That game was made in 1995 and minimal requirments are 400Mhz processor 1Mb of ram or somewhere aroudn there, I don't remember off the top of my head.

Anyways my build is:

12GB of DDR3 (tripple channel)

Nahalem 920 Core i7 (Oced too 3.2 Ghz)

And my new GTX 295 ( I lurvs this thing. )

Anyways, I just think games in general take up your CPU just too have some breathing room. I can still Alt+Tab and browse the interent and stuff.

If your computer is freaking out while your in game, feel around the vents and check if its overheating and blow it out with compressed air.

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 14 May 2009 - 10:52 AM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#6 pords

pords

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:00 AM

Now, after going tru several forums while trying to find why the hell is my CPU Utilization is right off the ceiling when Playing WC3 - i guess its the engine itself without any reference to the hardware. I guess Blizzard is trying to rig the game's engine - probably a new is coming :-). btw, i work as an IT Consultant and i've tried anything i could possible think of reducing the CPU Utilization but still nothing seems to fix it. We'll see on the next patch if this gets fixed. for now i will stop troubleshooting because i am just cant take it anymore. GL

#7 master131

master131

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:06 AM

I also think this is very strange. Maybe you should try Game Booster.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4842-game-booster.html

1. Install Game Booster
2. Run Game Booster
3. Select 'Switch to Gaming Mode'
4. Tick the programs that are not needed (If you are going to tick your antivirus, I'd be very cautious)
5. Press 'Close them'
6. Press 'Minimize to tray'
7. Run the game you want to play and see if there is a difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users