Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DESPERATE!! Do you know which program saves in arc (hard disk cloning)?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maru

maru

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

Hi,
Last month I copied an Image of my laptop as it was messy and I needed to format it to my external hard disk. I used a program that I found on google but I can't remember the name, I know it was a 15 day trial. The only thing I have now is a 50.7 GB file, "laptopbackup.arc".
I've been searching on google now for ".arc disk image" but I can't find anything. What should I do?? I'm in deep trouble as there is information inside that I absolutely have to recover, I have tried every compression software, like winrar, 7zip, stuffit but they all say they can't recognize the format, despite the last two read arc files, but I'm guessing it's a proprietary format, it just uses the famous extension.
Thanks to everybody for the help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

Have a look here.
Towards the bottom, there's a list of programs that use the .arc extension.
Hopefully, you may recognize the name of the program that you used, if it's on the list.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:16 AM

Hi maru.
Any chance it was "R-Drive"?
It uses the .arc format and comes with a 15 day trial.
Site here.
Since this is a disk image or clone, searching the backup drive for .arc, particulerly the registry, may provide just enough to jog your memory.

Edited by HitSquad, 12 May 2009 - 09:20 AM.

#4 maru

maru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

Hi maru.
Any chance it was "R-Drive"?
It uses the .arc format and comes with a 15 day trial.
Site here.
Since this is a disk image or clone, searching the backup drive for .arc, particulerly the registry, may provide just enough to jog your memory.

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE YOUUUUU
THANK YOU SO MUCH I WAS GOING DESPERATE I POSTED THIS IN EVERY WEBSITE THAT I FOUND EVEN ON YAHOO ANSWERS AND I FOUND NO SOLUTION, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW YOU SAVED ME!!
By the way, how did you find it? I've been looking over google for days with seaches like "arc format", "arc image program", "arc disk clone"... and so on...

Thank you so much!!!

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:56 AM

Your welcome maru. Glad you found what you needed.
FWIW, ".arc drive image" in a google search produced the results on the first page. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users