Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Will Not Boot Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vraith

Vraith

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

I had purchased a ZT Systems computer about two months ago for casual usage - school, browsing the internet, and gaming. Up until today, May 11th, 2009, the computer had ran perfectly. It booted up normally, ran smooth, ran fast, nothing was wrong with it. I had shut it down before going to bed, and woke up to find it will not boot up. The computer starts up and gets to the screen with both the ZT and Intel logos, along with a string of text at the bottom saying to press the 'delete' key to enter setup, or to press the TAB key to enter the Post BIOS Message. It refuses to go any further.

Pressing the delete key prompts the text "Entering setup....." and it ends there. Pressing the TAB key does bring me to the Post BIOS Message with all the information on it, and gives me an option to enter setup by pressing delete, or pressing F8 to perform a non-destructive restore. Continuing with either option from the Post BIOS Message screen does nothing, just freezes.

I had called tech support earlier, but the only instruction I was given on remeding my computer was to unplug the power cord, my wireless internet adapter, and holding the power button on the computer for 5-6 seconds. This did not help at all. I have also tried putting the restore CD into the proper drive, and nothing prompts me to run the disc. Any help in fixing this issue is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

Since the computer is almost new it should still be under warranty.
You don't want to do anything to void the warranty.
Unplug the unit.
Leave it unplugged for a couple of hours
Plug it back in & try it
If it does the same thing return it for repair.
There is no point in having a warranty if you're not going to use it when it's needed. :thumbsup:
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users