Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphone issues (cannot hear voice)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 flipmad

flipmad

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

I am running XP on a Dell 1150 Inspiron Laptop. It has a Sigmatel C-Major soundcard. I have a working external MIC. (I use it frequently on my desktop). I cannot get any any audio from this mic on my laptop. I go into the CHECK HARDWARE feature and recite the whole ""i am testing my microphone to verify my voice is detected...." It shows the recording meter is detecting my voice and my voice shows on the recording meter, but I cannot hear anything out of the speakers or it will not record anywhere.

I went to the dell website and installed the latest drivers and still getting the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post screen shots if needed

I have turned the volume up as high as possible. I can hear anything else out the speakers except the mic.

I went into the Recording Control. It has stereo mix or Microphone. I can only select one at a time. I have check marked each, and still the same. The advanced options gives me "microphone boost." Which i have check marked and still the same.

My control panel has a sigmatel audio icon, but it just has an option for battery power management, but nothing else.

just went to the Speech in control panel and changed the audio input device to SigmaTel Audio from "use preferred device" I even tried a new speech profile, where it asks you to say "I am using the Microphone Wizard, It is adjusting the volume of my microphone" The volume meter moves and detects my voice, but I cannot hear it through the speakers.

HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

I can hear anything else out the speakers except the mic.

Does this mean that you can play audio files and hear them on your speaker but you're neither able to hear your voice through the mic nor able to record through it?
Let's have a mental fusion!
Let us do our part to make this world a truly symbiotic place.

For other computer problems, this blog might be helpful:
http://cosmicsniper.blogspot.com

#3 flipmad

flipmad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:44 PM

I can hear everything except anything through the mic. Ironically, it will record my voice, and I can play it back and hear it fine. But when I talk into it live, you cannot hear the mic through the speaker.

#4 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:42 AM

Sorry It took me so long to get back to your question. I am still trying to find out what's wrong with your setup. :flowers:

IF your have already solved the problem please let me know. :thumbsup:

#5 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

:flowers: I'm very sorry but it seems that it would take me longer time to attend to your question.

I'm currently having a problem with my computer. At this time, I cannot be sure if things that I would be advising you are reliable. I better fix my computer first so that I can give better advise. :thumbsup:

Please reply to this thread if you have read it.

Edited by cosmic_sniper05, 18 May 2009 - 11:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users