Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connection problems/Groffeaston

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:41 AM

Hello!

I had and have the same problem. I used to have Fire Fox and IE7. Fire Fox gave me less problems. Then I started having problems with my computer and had to do a Factory Condition Reset. Now I just have IE7 and still have those same problems and they have steadily gotten worse.

I downloaded Autoruns to see what is on my computer and I found 3 files that cannot be found that are listed in the Windows\systems32\DRIVERS\ file. I am now starting to think that this might be causing my problems, but do not know how to fix those missing files.

Edited: May 11, 2009 10:56 AM EDT, Edited: May 11, 2009 7:15 PM EDT by: Groffeaston

Hello everyone!

I origionally responded to someone elses topic post, But their topic post got moved because it included a HJT log and my response then got moved to it's own topic post. The reason I included my information was to let the other person know of my similar problem and to tell them to try the Autoruns program and see what it shows is running on his computer. Then to see if any of those programs may be causing his problems. I guess I was not clear enough in my response, Which I unfortunately, I unintentially wind up doing most of the time. Sorry about that. :huh:

Now to my connection problems. I am not sure if my connection problems are related to the missing files below or if there is a conflict between Vista and IE7. It seems that when I have more then 2 windows open or more then 2 tabs in the same window, the connection problems start to pop up. I also had to do a Factory Condition Reset of my computer. But the problem existed before that as well.

The files that showed up as "not found" when I ran the Autoruns program are:
1) system32\DRIVERS\ipinip.sys IP in IP Tunnel Driver
2) system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkflt.sys IPX Traffic Filter Driver
3) system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkfwd.sys IPX Traffic Forwarder Driver

There was 1 other file that showed up as "not found", but that would not affect my connectivity, as far as I believe.

My questions are:
1) Are these drivers important for IE7 or for maintaining a stable internet connection, with Vista as my OS?
2) Can these missing driver files cause other programs, such as McAfee Security Suite, to not work properly?
3) If these drivers are needed, how can I restore them, can I still find them if still on my computer somewhere, or do I need to reinstall them?
4) Where can I obtain these files if I need to reinstall them?

"Groffeaston"

Edited by Groffeaston, 11 May 2009 - 06:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:55 AM

If you have a retail Vista disk, you can use it to run SFC.exe. If you have a computer that came with recovery disks you can still do most of that. Just pay particular attetion to the second post where they talk about the i386 folder
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users