Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE7 crashes/freezes up wth 2 or more tabs or windows

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:16 PM

Hello everyone!

I am not sure if this problem with IE7 is causing my problems with my other programs, if there is a compatability problem between IE7, Vista and one or more of the other programs, or if all of these problems all totally not related, or because of having Dial-up internet access, it just bogs down one program; which in turn, bogs down another which bogs down another etc.. until IE7 freezes up or crashes or I loose the internet connection. Then through on top of that some programs with auto-updates and that just really slows things down even more.

So my questions are:

1) Is there a "bug" in IE7 that anyone knows about, that may cause something like this to happen?

2) Could there be Compatability problems between IE7 and other programs on my computer, other programs that I encounter on websites, that may cause something like this to happen?

3) What are the possibilities of IE7 causing a glitch with the McAfee Security Center suite and therefore causing it to not download updates properly?

4) Are there any possibilities of IE7 causing Internet connectivity problems? Such as losing the connection with the server, causing the modem not to get a proper dial signal to reach the target server, and also could it cause a lack of finding the proper servers in a timely manner once online and connected to the Internet? Thus causing "Timed-out" errors.

I had switched to FireFox and my problems were much less or very limited. But I had to do a Factory Condition Reset on my computer due to some problems I was having. And now more problems pop up. The Same thing happened the last time I did the reset with McAfee not downloading properly. But I think there might be a connection to IE7 that might be causing this or at least having an influence on it. Or, Do you think it could be related to some "bug" in Vista?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users