Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acrobat Reader

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:58 PM

On all three computers my family owns, we have the same problem while attempting to print pdf files. We all use Acrobat Reader 7.0.2. Whenever we try to print, any images and tables will print, but any text comes out a gibberish. As quoted from a file I tried to print, "9LFNLH DXJ KOQ5D/ \HH5REHUW" Most of the characters were squished, and there were some characters that looked like they cam from the Wingdings (or webdings) font style. I have concluded (using Adobe internet troubleshooting) that the problem is with the Adobe software, because it happens on all our computers with different documents, and I tried clearing the printer memory, but to no avail. The only similarity between these files is that they were all emailed to us. Any suggestions?

EDIT- I have now concluded that it is a file problem, because I printed a help file from a CD, and it came out fine. I resorted to copying the troublesome file to word, and printing it that way.

Edited by Lanscader, 24 June 2005 - 04:59 PM.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:56 PM

Adobe knowledgebase:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/316508.html

or

Here's another PDF freeware reader:

http://www.visagesoft.com/products/pdfreader/

Edited by Enthusiast, 27 June 2005 - 09:59 PM.

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:11 AM

The only similarity between these files is that they were all emailed to us

Perhaps whoever emailed these to you is using an older or incompatible version of Adobe?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 Lanscader

Lanscader
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:52 PM

I already tried Adobe troubleshooting, and I will mention the other program nest time someone needs to print.

The emailer could be having problems, but the files are from 2 different, unrelated sources.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users