Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ForgedLiberty

ForgedLiberty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

Here is the issue:

Installed new graphic card lost audio with a twist I can plug my headphones in and I have audio but no audio through speakers.

The details:

I had an ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series video card things went crazy with it so I installed a Galaxy GeForce 9600 GT.

I run my computer through my HDTV on the tv there is an audio jack (the green one) which I run into the back of the computer into the audio jack (green one) on the mother board which is a Asus KV8-KM.

I also have a sound card in a PCI slot a Realtek HD card but I do not use it bc I don't have the proper hook ups for it but it does show up as enabled and working properly in device manager.

Device manger has no yellow showing everything seems to be running fine so it thanks.

I also downoloaded driver pro software to update all drivers which I have done.

My question is what are the troubleshooting steps I should take to get things to work? Or why can I have audio when I plug headphones in but not sound through my speakers?

Thank you for the help in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 High500

High500

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:53 AM

Check your Realtek software (should be a blue icon like a crab in your taskbar by the clock, or even a red speaker icon in some cases) sometimes the default jack assignment settings are incorrect or re-assigned (i dont have a realtek here at work so unfortunatley cannot walk you through the settings). Also the ATI HD3400 most likely has an onboard sound card if its a HDMI version, that could have interfered with your setup. Open your control panel/Sounds and Audio Devices, click the Audio tab at the top and ensure the correct device that you are pluging your TV into is the Default Device in the Sound Playback section at the top.

Hope this helps

High500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users