Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows explorer Stuck!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sulato

sulato

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

i have a windows xp pro
i've been using it for a while
but recently there is a problem with the explorer.exe
all the program take a while to start but there is no problem when it was running
but the explorer or the program in the bottom is stuck
it was loading like hell
it was maybe running but it was taking forever
the pc was attack by a virus or malware before but i cleaned it with dr webb
after that it was running smoothly until now
i've tried to run the antivirus and antimalware and there wasn't any virus or malware.
what happen with my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:48 PM

Your post is so discombulated that I don't think you will get any help the way you posted it. I for one don't know
what your question or problem is. Perhaps you can rephrase it.

#3 sulato

sulato
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:27 AM

Sorry
I felt really frustrated fixing my Pc
I turned on my PC like usual every day until i felt something wrong with the pc
the task bar was running really slow
Then i thought the other program would run as slow as the task bar, but it didn't
All the program have a little bit slow on the opening but it were operating fast like usual
Because of my pc was attack by trojan virus before, so i ran a dr web antivirus to scanned the pc, it didn't found anything wrong
then i ran the malwarebyte's anti-malware and the norton security, both of them were also didn't found anything.
After that, i ran the defragment for the PC, it took more than a day than usual is only couple hours.
And also when i tried to open a windows explorer to show all the files, the PC was loading every single times
So now i confused what is wrong with the PC, there weren't any virus with the pc ,
Then what is it that making my task bar running very slow?

#4 cosmo_wanda

cosmo_wanda

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:43 AM

May you can use advanced tool like GMER to find malweare and regsitry cleaner and reg compacter, Hope taht help

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:53 AM

One of the things that might make a defrag take a long time...would be hard drive problems.

I suggest running chkdsk /r (or the equivalent) on the partition/drive in question.

Start/Run...type chkdsk /r (with space between k and /) and hit Enter. Black screen will appear...read info, type Y, hit Enter. Reboot the system and let the command execute, the system will reboot when the command is done.

Louis

#6 sulato

sulato
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:22 AM

So by any chance that u guys are trying to say that my computer is infected by a virus or malware or spyware???
for the defrag side, i believe the defrag becoming slow is because of the slow taskbar
all the program like windows explorer, control panel was taking a long time to open it.
if i click the program that have a icon, it will start as fast as usual.
but if i click anywhere on the taskbar, it will take a while to load.
if the loading was really take a long time, sometime i would turn off the explorer.exe from the windows task manager and open the explorer.exe again.

#7 cosmo_wanda

cosmo_wanda

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:07 AM

Had you installed many program before this happen ?

I had same problem like you in past.

Most likely there is many junk registry on you system that cause all loaded like in Hell

You can try Wise registry cleaner (Not recommended0 but it give option to full backup before make any changes..

Hpe this will help .. :thumbsup:

#8 sulato

sulato
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:50 PM

I've download norton systemworks basic edition 12.0, glary utilities, and RegCure
and i've started all the program.
nothing really happened.
when all the programs were already started, its worked just as fast as usual unless the task bar
the task bar just keep loading, so if i wanted to switch program, i have to open the task window manager.
what else should i do????

#9 Rockerz

Rockerz

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:00 PM

Post a screen shot of the processes seen in the Task Manager here for us to diagnose the problem

Secondly,
Did you increase your Virtual Memory
Did you delete the files under C:\Windows\Temp

Try solution present here
Computer Slow

If nothing helps then do Post a Screen shot of the Task Manager with all running processes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users