Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues when laptop is opened

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DogStar5988

DogStar5988

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but here it is. I have an IBM Thinkpad R60 running with Windows XP. Whenever I close the lid to my laptop and reopen it it doesn't work properly (programs wont open mostly). Its done this for quite a while and I have just had to restart it almost every time I reopen it. Anyone know how I can fix this problem? I would like to still be able to close the laptop and use standby mode.

HARDWARE Information:
---------------------
Processor:
Genuine Intel® CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz Unknown speed

Processors number:

BIOS:
LENOVO - 1060 Phoenix FirstBIOS™ Notebook Pro Version 2.0 for ThinkPad Ver 1.00PARTTBL BIOS Date: 08/28/06

System Date:
28/10/2008 (dd/mm/yyyy)

Total phisical memory:
1014,428 Mb

Total virtual memory:
2047,896 Mb

Available phisical memory:
1014,428 Mb

Available virtual memory:
1983,496 Mb

Hard drives:

Logical disks structure:
c:\ FIXED SYSTEM Full size - 57224 Mb, Free size - 15142 Mb, File system - NTFS
d:\ CDROM Full size - 57224 Mb, Free size - 15142 Mb, File system -

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:54 PM

Have you defragmented your hard drive recently?

Have you scanned for viruses and other forms of spyware and malware?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 DogStar5988

DogStar5988
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

I am using Malwarebytes, Adaware, and Avira anti-virus. I defrag my hard drive fairly often (once a month or so) and have done it in the last two weeks. This has been going on for a few years now so it isn't something that has just started happening. Thanks for the reply ;)

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

I'm not really too sure then. If you really want to fix this problem, you could reinstall Windows and see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't, then it's most likely a hardware issue. This seems a bit drastic for the issue you're having though.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users